Hi @ all! This is the new Gargoyles Group Picture Project (short: GGPP) journal entry containing the updated and summarised rules to make everything less confusing. The old one where you can read all about the birth and development of this project - in the journal entry itself and in it's comments - can be found here: [link]
What we try to create
The goal is to create a picture showing as many gargoyle characters of the fandom as possible drawn by as many artists of the fandom as possible.
"Gargoyle character" means that the character has to be a gargoyle or at least half-gargoyle.
This project is mainly about gargoyles created by fans, e.g. in fanfictions or as garg-selves.
We are not sure if we'll allow the use of gargoyles from the TV-show, too. It's up to you to decide this matter in the poll: [link]
The poll will be up for the next 4 weeks.
How we work
Basically: Every artist is invited to draw a picture of a gargoyle (maybe more than one) and then send it to me. I'll put everything together in a huge picture with a background, trying to include special relationships between the characters.
About the characters
1. The character has to be a gargoyle preferable a character created by a fan (e.g. fanfic characters or garg-selves).
Whether gargoyles from the TV show are allowed, too, is to be decided in this poll: [link]
Please vote and make your opinion count!
2. Every character must be on the final picture only once!
==> We have to make sure that no artist draws a character that is already drawn by someone else: Please tell me, which character you want to draw, before you start drawing. At the bottom of the entry there is a list of all participants along with the characters they want to draw (in case they already told me) so you can see, which characters were already chosen.<==
3. You can draw your own character or a character created by someone else.
==>If you want to draw someone else's character, ask the original owner for permission first!<==
4. There will be a limit on the number of characters which one fan can add to the picture. This is NOT a limit on how many gargoyles one artist is allowed to draw.
==> For example: an artist is allowed to draw 2 characters that he/she wants to see in the picture AND he/she can also draw 2 characters for a fan who has characters but can't draw them him-/herself<==
The exact number of the characters that each fan is allowed to add is to be decided in this poll: [link]
It will be open for 4 weeks. Please vote and make your opinion count!
Please keep the total number of the gargoyles you draw on a normal level to avoid that one artist draws half of all characters on the final picture or something like that.
About the images
5. The image has to be a full body image.
==>The pose has to be usable for a group picture, so it will mostly be a standing pose. Also we could use some sitting, kneeling or squatting characters for the first row. But there is a limited number of characters in these poses (this number depends on the final number of characters we will have in the pic so I can't tell an exact number at the moment) so if you want to draw such a pose, please tell me in time! Also we could possibly add one or two flying characters - please tell me in time, too, if you'd like to do something like that! If you have any other special pose in mind, please note me and I will tell you, if this could be possible for the pic or not.<==
6. The pictures have to be PC coloured. If it is absolutely impossible for an artist to hand in a PC coloured picture then I will make exceptions because I don't want anyone to be excluded from the project. But as the characters should fit together in the final pic as good as possible, I prefer PC coloured pictures. All artists should use the same colouring style - flat colouring and cell shading (like in the TV show).
7. light source: we will work with an imaginary light source from above. This light source is not a strong one so please don't draw too dramatic shadows. I may have to change the brightness and contrast of your drawing to fit it into the final picture. If this will be the case, I will write you a note and show you the changed picture before I add it.
8. The pictures must have a transparent or white background so that I can fit them into the group picture easily.
9. The image must not be too small. I'll only accept pictures with a minimum height of 1000px and 150dpi . The images must not be too big. E.g. 3000x3000px with 300dpi would be waaaayyyyy to big ^^
About the relationships
10. I will try to include special relationships between the characters in the picture. If you want to draw a cuddling couple or something, feel free to do so and hand it in as one picture. BUT not every relationship is allowed.
==> For original characters: allowed are couples based on the real life (e.g. my garg-self and the garg-self of my boyfriend) and based on the fanfictions that the characters are originally from (e.g. Ariana and Kirin or Greame and Lucy). Not allowed are relationships that change the original character's story (e.g. Kirin and Lucy).
I also will try my best to show friends or members of the same clan together.
==> Please give me the information I need to do so together with your pic <===
==> If we decide to use the TV show gargoyles: allowed are couples based on the TV-show (e.g. Brodway and Angela) and based on Greg's masterplan (e.g. Brooklyn and Katana (or Sata as she is called in TGS)). Not allowed are Mary Sue thingies (e.g. Brooklyn and me) or relationships not based on Greg's story (e.g. Demona and Hudson) as these are couples that only some people want to see and others may feel disturbed by them. The TV show Gargs belong to all of us equally!
I know that most of you are really busy - so am I ^^° - so I'll give you some time. Let's say the pictures should be handed in till June 1st 2007.
How to contact me
If you want to participate or have questions, you can write a comment on this journal, write me a note or write me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please don't write a comment on my main page, I may not see it!
Exchange of information
==>The forum at my DA userpage: [link] <==
I opened a thread for those who are searching someone who draws their characters or for artists who are searching for characters they can draw: The GGPP character thread.
There also is a thread about the use of the TV-show gargoyles if there should be the need to discuss the matter. You also are allowed to open threads there yourself.
I realised that the forum is not used so I give you a second opportunity:
==> The journal itself<==
You can write comments or notes and I will add questions and petitions here:
- is earching for someone who colours her pictures
- is searching for someone who draws his characters
==> Polls <==
Definetely essential for important decisions.
- Will we use gargoyles from the TV show, too?: [link]
- How many characters is each fan allowed to add to the Group Picture Project?: [link]
- Should there be a limit on the number of characters that an artist is allowed to submit to GGPP?: [link] (voting has ended and a decision was made)
Artists who are interested in participating (alphebetical order)
~Acorar => own character Emily (recieved)
*AzraelGargoyle => himself
`briannacherrygarcia => Ariana
*DeyVarah => her old garg self and her character Shiva
~CinsAngel => her own character and her mate
~dreamie => own characters of her and her mate
*Elik-Chan => himself
*Epantiras => own character Nimravus, maybe Shen
*Whimsy-Floof => herself (recieved)
~jmercedesd => own characters Mercedes and Chimura
~Kanthara => Kanthara and Coraly
$kozispoon => Bowhani clan
~Neomae => own character Nuit
~paintedwolf => own characters
~pinkgargess => own characters Rachel and Jennar
~purplegoldfish => would draw Goliath and Garg-Elisa, if we decide to use the TV show gargyoles, too
~rocky-chan => herself
~Songficcer => own characters Sai and Tamores [first row poses]
Artists that didn't know/tell exactly
~BrooklynBH => own character Anku
~Kagaine => own character Elona (Kagaine/herself)
=Silvolf => own character Bradley
~VKahri => own characters